The stigma is that people who self-harm are crazy. The reality is they’ve found a solution to complex problems in their life.
Most self-harm books are filled with medical terminology that reads like a dictionary, leaving those who suffer all the more confused. They’re uncertain how to ask for support or talk about the shame they feel. Many are uncertain even why they do it. All they know is it helps.
ReWrite is a book that cuts through the clutter and platitudes to help those who cut and their friends and family understand:
- The stigmas and the truth behind self-harm
- Reasons you began self-injury even when you’re unsure
- How to cope with the guilt and shame
- How willpower won’t get you to stop
- Tried-and-true recovery techniques and exercises
- How a person’s faith can help
- Information and excursuses for friends and family who want to support their loved one
Don’t waste another day stuck in the clutches of self-harm. Join others who have successfully turned their lives around with information provided here.
Step into the journey. ReWrite your story.
This book is part of the outreach programs of HeartSupport—an organization created by Grammy-nominated musician Jake Luhrs of the metal band August Burns Red. It features a bonus workbook and journal in addition to insight from medical advisor, Dr. Michelle Saari. Dr. Saari is a licensed mental health provider, board-certified clinical supervisor, and nationally certified counselor. Proceeds from this book will continue to help fund further projects by HeartSupport in the realm of recovery. The author receives no royalties.