Artists transform the ordinary into the extraordinary. All too often, the talent that brings so much beauty into our lives is poorly compensated. If you’re a creative entrepreneur and you want to take control of your career and start earning what you’re worth, this is the guide for you.
In Blazing the Freelance Trail, Eric Holter shares insights from his three decades as a creative entrepreneur. He covers everything from the motivation to create to how to successfully manage the business and financial side of your creative enterprise.
This guide will help you:
- Figure out how to charge what you’re worth
- Develop effective time management strategies that won’t kill your creative flow
- Understand the relationship between sales and marketing and how to optimize both
- Decide when to hire and how to do it
- Expand your perspective on creative motivation and the meaning of your work
- Get the tools you need to effectively market
- Get a handle on your finances including setting your rates, tracking cash flow, and calculating profits
- Understand the business side of making money with art, so you can worry less and create more