Making art—giving form to the images that arise in our mind’s eye, our dreams, and our everyday lives—is a form of spiritual practice through which knowledge of ourselves can ripen into wisdom. This book offers encouragement for everyone to explore art making in this spirit of self-discovery—plus practical instructions on material, methods, and activities such as ways to:
• Discover a personal myth or story
• Recognize patterns and themes in one’s life
• Identify and release painful memories
• Combine journaling and image making
• Practice the ancient skill of active imagination
• Connect with others through sharing one’s art works
Interwoven with this guidance is the intimate story of the author’s own journey as a student, art therapist, teacher, wife, mother, and artist—and, most of all, as a woman who discovered a profound and healing connection with her soul through making art.